Sunday, February 4, 2018

Famous Last Words: busiest week of the semester so far

This week has been quite a doozie! I think this was actually my most busy week yet! I did not get in my 20+ hours of MCAT prep for the week, but I am not beating myself up over it or anything. One thing I am proud about is that I kept myself on a really good sleeping schedule this week and did everything I could to get to bed on time. I was also able to volunteer on Saturday as well at a clinic called Manos Juntas!
Anyways, even though last week did not go quite as planned, I am expecting this week to go smoothly because I am choosing to fail-forward! This week I have my first test in genetics and my first test in Latin. I am feeling kind of anxious, but I feel confident that if I keep my studying consistent, by the time the test comes i will have no problems.

Other reflections on the week are... the readings! I love The Ramayana by R.K. Narayan! I actually finished the rest of the book earlier today! I am very excited to start on my writing assignments soon for next week and have got great plans for my story! This week I combined Don Giovani by Mozart, an opera, into my retelling of the story of the Ramayana. After I did some blog commenting today, I realized that other people have really great stories as well so this week I plan to make the story a lot more original and inventive!!

Lastly, my final reflection is on today. Earlier this afternoon I went home to do some laundry and for the first time I was really happy to see my mom and dad. They were working on a project and I just had an extreme moment of thankfulness for everything that they've done for me.

Related image
Don Giovani image from lincolncenter

1 comment:

  1. Hey Albert!

    I am seriously impressed with the amount of effort you are putting into trying to stick with your schedule. I don't start studying for the DAT until the summer, but reading that you are working to get 20+ hours of studying in for the MCAT makes me feel more confident that I will be able to make a good schedule if I plan things out right. I completely understand on the sleep part, I have noticed the difference this semester on what an 8 hour sleep can do when I am in 21 hours. Good luck on Genetics!

    ReplyDelete

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...