Thursday, April 5, 2018

Week 11 Reading Part B

The reading about the fighting with Duryahadna was one again ever more detailed and better than the R.K. Narayan's version. The way that Bhima pounces on top of Durayadhana and beats his thigh is very detailed and more satisfying. The dialogue brings the character to life and portrays how awesome Bhima is. Also, it makes it ever more satisfying that Duryodhana was defeated by him for making fun of the girl. Perhaps I could use some of the imagery when I am expanding my story with the Karamazov brothers when I put it on my wall. The story works great and I am excited to almost be done with Krishna Dharma's version!

Image result for bhima duryodhana fight
Bhima beats Duryodhana's thigh source

Bibliography:

Krishna Dharma's The Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...