Friday, February 9, 2018

Week 4 Story - Pride and Prejudice's Darcy and Patrick team up to write a letter to win Elizabeth back from Wickam!

Fitzwilliam Darcy, a very handsome and the rich man who owns and manage the Pemberley estate in England recently had his crush, Elizabeth Bennet, kidnapped by the infamous womanizing militia man known as George Wickam. The tale tells of how, Darcy in an attempt to reclaim Lizzie (Elizabeth) sought a clearing for his head in order to write letters to Elizabeth so that she might fall in love with him and run away from Wickam. Darcy decides to go to one of his estates in Pemberley in order to write letters in private. However, while wondering through his house, he ran into an old gardener whom he had never seen before.

"who are you?" asked the astonished Mr. Darcy.
"Patrick." replied the man
"I must apologize for my rudeness, but I do not think we have ever met before, were you perhaps a retired gardener brought in from the time of my father?"
"no."
"okay cool, well I will see you later then, good sir" replied Darcy as he walked away~

"you came here for a purpose." said Patrick right as Darcy was leaving.

The handsome Darcy looked back at him and whispered coyly

"how did you know?.."

"I have had  prophecies of your coming here" replied Patrick.

He then transformed into his true form - a 6" wooden figurine and smiled sharply at Darcy. Darcy, astonished, was about to retreat in the opposite direction and yell for help when suddenly, patrick POUNCED ON DARCY and said,

"I CAN HELP YOU FIND WICKAM!!"

He then assisted Darcy through his thoughts and how to eloquently portray lay out his feelings towards Ms. Bennett in his letters. Through Patrick's guidance, Darcy was also able to lay out a clear guide as to why Wickam was a terrible match for Elizabeth.

"the man is nothing but a blowhard. Hardly a man of stature, he has no money, and is hardly a gentleman."

Darcy wrote his heart out on paper - telling how contemptible Wickam truly was.

Patrick smiled and flew away~~

photo of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy taken from amazon

Author's Notes:

I got the idea for this production from the scene in The Ramayana where walks up a mountain and encounters Suhgreeva in disguise. Suhgreeva then tests Rama about what his purpose is and then tells Rama of how Vali had committed evil against Suhgreeva and how he cannot go down the mountain anymore.

I really liked the idea of Rama running into a disguised Suhgreeva and it tied in perfectly with what i read this week - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I figured I could write a little fan fiction of how Darcy writes his letter to Lizzie and figured it would be a lot of fun to add Patrick into the mix as well.

I took the same plot of Rama going up the mountain and replaced it with Darcy walking around his Pemberley estate. I also replaced Suhgreeva in disguise, with Patrick in disguise as a gardener. The twist comes from Patrick helping Darcy out instead of vice versa. I basically changed the ending of what happened up there in the mountain in The Ramayana and created this masterpiece.

thanks for reading~~

pat


Bibliography:
- Narayan, R. K., and Kampar. The Ramayana: a Shortened Modern Prose Version of the Indian Epic (Suggested by the Tamil Version of Kamban). Penguin Books, 2006.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this story! Very nicely written and liked the language. I always enjoy a nice story founded on the incredible "Pride and Prejudice". Keep up the good work! I will look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My next story will incorporate Moby Dick!

      Delete
  2. Hi Albert! I enjoyed this story very much. I love the way you incorporate Patrick into every story you write. It makes your tales really unique and different from a lot of writing styles. I can see some aspects from the Ramayana but you have changed up the story a lot and have made it your own! Great job and I really look forward to reading more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Albert!
    I really enjoyed reading your week four story. I also thought the image you included was funny and gave your story a little twist. I liked how you incorporated a lot of dialogue between your characters. I feel like it made your story more interesting to read. Overall, I think you did a great job at creating a new interesting story and I can’t wait to see what you do next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Albert these stories are very entertaining! Writing completely in the perspective of Patrick Star is something I never thought I would see, but makes the stories more interesting to read. The dialogue between the two parties is well written, and progresses the story well. Great job on your story I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...