Thursday, March 29, 2018

Reading Notes: The Mahabharata Part B

Today, the story of Bhima and his encounter with Hanuman was awesome to read! I think I totally missed that part when I was reading through R.K. Narayan's version and I had no idea that Hanuman told Bhima the story about Rama. In that connection of the Ramayana to the Mahabharata, the epics are really connected and I appreciate that. One thing that stands out to me in Dharma's version is that Hanuman is grown in size and he seems so much stronger than he did in the Ramayana. In comparison to Bhima, it seems that Hanuman could easily take down any other god and that is really cool. The descriptions of how he gathered the lotuses were really neat too!

Image result for Bhima and hanuman
source hanuman and bhima in their encounter

Bibliography:

Krishna Dharma - The Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...