Thursday, January 18, 2018

Growth Mindset - a reflection

Since creation, I have only garnered attention from the shadows of my accomplishments. I often feel lost and mistaken as how other people perceive me, not as how I view myself. This reflection is about my growth mindset.

The adventure started two years ago when Albert first took me out for the summers. Being a wooden sea star, I've always thought that my place was in the oceanic world with others of my kind. A place that is cool and dark with lots of bivalves to prey upon. It was not until the summer time where I really learned that what makes me different is what makes me special. For the past six years I have always pushed against the buoyancy of nature. I am aiming deep just to get shot right out of my environment. I never gave any excuse as to my condition or matter, but its pure law that when I am made to float I should only face resistance when I dive.

Thus resistance I did face both below and above the comfort of my beliefs. These past summers have truly been life changing. I traveled around in arid environments reaching sweeping temperatures with sometimes nothing but the wet of the humidity to keep me moist. Sometimes I don't know where my next meal will come from or even the results at the end. Regardless, I know that things will always work out. I realized that wherever I am, whether it is up above the horizon or into the watery depths, there will always be discomfort at whatever stage I am in. I choose to keep going and that is why I keep growing.

Photo was taken from my camera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...