Sunday, January 28, 2018

Learning Challenge - The importance of sleep~ thoughts by Patrick

Being as woody figure, I am blessed with the ability of actually not having to fall asleep at all. My eyes are painted wide open and Albert never developed a mechanism for closing them. Nonetheless, the article I read, why sleeping may be more important, was quite intriguing nonetheless. One thing that I always realized about humans was not only their want for some of them, but also, their actual NEED to sleep. I always knew that people needed to sleep at least a couple of hours in order for memories to be encoded into long term memory. I also knew a little bit about why certain physiological factors might affect sleeping patterns - such as lights, foods, and daily activities. One thing I did not really put much thought into prior to the article was the idea of quality of sleep vs the quantity. In college, Albert has lately been making it a goal to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, but less than 8 of those hours are quality sleeping hours.
The possibility that arises with this new information is that Albert can adjust his schedule properly to not only get the quantity of sleep he needs but also the quality of sleep.

To conclude, I wish everyone the best in all their endeavors this week.

Goodnight
~Pat
photo taken from Albert's Phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...