Sunday, January 21, 2018

Time Strategies - How I'll stay ahead

Albert's Thoughts:

Out of the two essays I read - my favorite one Why Time Management is Ruining Our Lives by Oliver Burkeman portrays the perspective that the constant pursuit of business in our 21st century "efficient" lives seem to have decreased the 'quality' of our lives by mixing leisure and busy time. The essay was very stark and reminded me of a book I read this Christmas break, Sapien: A Brief History of Human Kind by Yuval Harari who states that humans are not anymore happy than we were millenias ago. The emphasis on productivity today I agree seems to have mixed in with our schema of what it means to live a whole and maximized life. It is also through that essay that I appreciate why I am doing this blog from the perspective of Patrick as this gives me a chance to step outside of myself - into a perspective where I can emulate something that is so static all the time. Overall it was a great read into time management!
Link : https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/22/why-time-management-is-ruining-our-lives

The other essay I read was Time Management Tips Just For The Creatives by Amanda Oliver was quite fascinating. There were already some things that I already do such as allocating my energy to more energy draining projects first and making sure I am most productive at my productive point during the day. One thing that did stand out to me though that I started but never quite continued was the idea of ENDING my day with a checklist of things to do for tomorrow. The idea is quite entertaining as I have started my day of with a checklist once for about a month and just stopped. I think that ending my day with a checklist would be a great idea to do as it will allow me to rest easily with the comfort that i know exactly what I am doing the next day. I plan to implement this today before I wind down for the night. Also Togl and IFTTT are apps I am looking into now.

Link: https://www.canva.com/learn/time-management/

- Albert 

Speaking of different ways to manage time - here is an old photo of patrick lying on his side in his bed. There really isn't a correlation specifically to time but I just wanted to highlight the concept of how not efficient his making use of the bed is. 

photo taken from my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...