Friday, April 13, 2018

Week 12 Planning

This week we read a lot of poetry in my Auden course. Specifically, we read T.S. Elliot's Four Quartets and that is something that really stood out to me because he specifically made Indian Epic references. For my last story and addition to my portfolio, I am planning on doing something in the last and final realm of the Inferno where Patrick will meet the devil himself. I'm not sure what stories or who I will use yet, but there are a lot of great material from the past four authors that I might incorporate all into one big medley of an adventure. I am thinking I will use the image of the devil chewing on three traitors, and have one of them be Faust from Goethe's Faust. Then perhaps for the other two traitors I might include Richard Wagner and Zarathustra? I am not too sure where I want to go with the the whole descending into the last part of the Inferno yet. 
However, for my story for next week, I think I will take to the part where Arjuna fights Karna and Karna forgets the words to summon his ultimate weapon. I think I could really do a medley with that and have God be Krishna who gives advice to one of the characters (maybe T.S. Elliot) as he fights against... somebody. Anyways, there is a lot of great stuff that is coming up and I am really excited to take this last story to finish! Also, I think I will end the adventure with a twist as well from Dante’s ending and instead of having Patrick black out and wake up out of hell, I might just have the devil pick Patrick up and eat him. That would be really interesting and I think would be kind of funny as well!


Image result for dante inferno lucifer in hell
source The devil eating people

Bibliography:

Dante's Inferno

R.K. Narayan The Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...