Thursday, April 12, 2018

Week 12 Reading Part B

I chose the part where Arjuna has to face Karna, but before that,  a lot was happening with Bhima and the Kauravas. One thing that occured that I think I missed in R.K. Narayan's version is Bhima's assault on Dussashana and drinking his blood. The detail in Krishna Dharma's version is gory and awesome. I love the dialogue that the other kauravas said after seeing Bhima drink blood. There was a comic level of fear that is depicted in Dharma's version that I did not see in Narayan's version of the Mahabharata. This gives me great ideas for my story.

Image result for bhima drinks blood
source Bhima drinks Dushasana's blood. 

Bibliography:

Krishna Dharma - the Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Reading Part B

I read Dharma's version of The Mahabharata  where  Dṛṣṭadyumna chastises the Pandava brothers. Arjuna is really sad that so many people ...